5 years back i was gifted the book Unaccustomed earth by dada(my grandfather) on my birthday and i fell in love with the book just from the time i saw its cover..There was something so intense about the cover page that i just couldn't wait to read it..And when i read it i found it was outstanding..And from then on it became the best book I had ever read(it still is).. And I was so possessive(I still am!) about that book that I dint even want to lend it to my cousin to read it(because she is mishandles books!!)....I really love the title of the book it is a metaphor for the struggle people undergo to be accustomed or settled..I like the title story Unaccustomed earth the best in the book..There were certain parts in the book which had a profound effect on my life specially the part in the title story where Ruma's father asks her “Will this make you happy?”I also liked the last story Hema and Kaushik which was represented in three parts but I wish it had a happier ending...
I have read and recommended this book so many times that I have actually lost count..
So Unaccustomed earth is officially one of my favorite books..

Comments

Post a Comment

Dont forget to share your views on my scribblings...
P.s. Too much of appreciation is injurious to scribbler's health..!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Monday blues..!

Just As long as we are together

Aaj fir ek cigarette...