Weddingzzzzz!!

There was this contest in Indiblogger recently titled love marriage vs arranged marriage and though I hate writing for a contest or something, I began writing a post on love marriage and arranged marriages...
But then I just couldn't bring myself to publish that(I mean writing for some contest is so not me..!!) and that's why I deleted it...
Anyway while writing for that contest i was reminded of some really funny old memories of the marriages i attended when i was small...
I remember when my two uncles got married consecutively i was about 5 or 6 yrs old.Now my two uncles(who got married consecutively on the same month) are cousin brothers but so close to each other that they supposedly have done everything together so they got married in the same month maybe in a week or two's gap..!..
This the only marriage which I kinda remember the earlier ones that I had been to have always been the ones where I went sleeping with my head on my mothers lap(nearly ruining her benarasi sari) and reach the venue initially reluctant to wake up and see the wedding and fussily eat and happily leave for home sleeping again..!
But this marriage would be different because
1. It was Koustav uncle's wedding and I really liked him a lot.
2. It wouldn't be too far from our house so I wouldn't have to sleep on the way..
3. The last wedding that we went to was so far from our Kolkata that it was really late when we reached(maybe..!!) and as we went by our windy jeep I slept all through the way and after we reached the venue I got really tired and acted really fussily and dint even tell my name to the people who remarked "oh how fair","how cute whats your name?" where do you stay (and I said "in my house" to a few and gave the full address to some and said "why will you send me a letter" to the others..!)!!
And even shouted to my dad that if another fat aunty pulls my cheeks I will run back home from this village..!(and maybe quite a few{or a maybe a bunch..!} of people heard me..!!

Anyway when this great wedding of my favorite Koustav kaka(uncle in Bengali.!) finally came and I reached there extremely excited to see the wedding and tried to concentrate on the events for a while but then it turned out to be so boring that I fell asleep in between and asked "Are they married yet?,are they married yet?" so many times that ultimately I had to be carried back home..!!
So from childhood the concept of marriage and going to a biye bari(a wedding) brings to my mind these funny incidents from childhood when marriage for me meant a boring and tedious  event..!

Usually girls fantasize  about how their wedding day would be but I have seriously never thought about it ever..(Because 1. i would never want to get married.. 2.The whole idea seems so tedious..!)

Older people say that marriage brings a certain stability in a relation but nowadays even a live-in gives that doesn't it?(with legal rights..!!)...
In a city where stars and rainbows are hardly seen in the sky with people believing in nothing which doesn't get you an exchangeable warranty and with google maps to tell you where you are do, we ever stop to ask for directions...?!

Maybe people really don't have time to invest in relationships nowadays but we can always try and afford a bit of optimism...






Comments

  1. LOL, Sonia! I still behave like you in a wedding - "Are they married yet? Are they married yet?" ;)

    Live in relations, even with all legal rights, do not provide the security that marriage does. You can exit a live-in if things don't work, but here we try to make marriages work. And a marriage is an upgrade to a live-in... when a couple is really in love and wants to take it to the next level...

    Cheers :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol!Seriously?!
      You know what nowadays it costs you a lot to exit a live-in relation if things don't work(as much as a divorce..!) ...
      I know in marriages we strive to make it work but marriages are mostly based on compromises (done by the wife in most cases)...And though i strongly believe in marriages, i think maybe one of the reason why people get into a live-in relation is to avoid that shocked or surprise element after marriage because when you fall in love you might feel that you know the person but after marriage things can be quite shocking..!!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Dont forget to share your views on my scribblings...
P.s. Too much of appreciation is injurious to scribbler's health..!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Monday blues..!

Just As long as we are together

Aaj fir ek cigarette...