Trip-py trip


I came back yesterday from Mumbai..
I know it sounds really silly but i think i kinda started falling in love with Mumbai...

The next day i reached Mumbai my dad(who was extremely concerned that i might get lost) told one of his favourite boys(from the office!) to take me to Marine drive because he had hell of a lot of work and a meeting that day...
Anyway I reluctantly agreed though i knew i could go there alone and I was too old to get lost...
But I dint want to give daddy that extra tension because i knew he had an important meeting...
So Kanta(My sister and I call him that !!) came to pick me up and we went to Marine drive...
*Info : Kanta is a character you'd rather not know about otherwise this post will turn into one boring irksome post..Lets just say he's the adult Dexter but when he opens his mouth all your preconceived notions about his intelligence vanish...!!*


The weather was quite sunny that afternoon and though it was a very rare possibility that it might rain he carried two umbrella's which i found quite funny..!
After locking the door of the apartment just as my dad had shown me i double checked the things i was supposed to take..
1)My purse : check!
2)Keys :check!
3)Hanky :check
"What exactly are you doing" Kanta exclaimed..And i realized that i wasn't mentally repeating these things but i was actually saying this quite dramatically and loudly!!
"Oh nothing..nothing..just checking if i forgot to carry something or not.." I said quite embarrassed with my actions..
He dint say anything but i realized that he might be thinking what a silly girl i am..
"But who cares anyway.." I thought to myself..

As we walked to the main road to get a cab, I fought back my lazy thought about the comforts of staying at home..
And amidst fighting back my lazy thoughts and getting into the cab i answered my dad's phone call who enquired for the millionth time now whether i was doing good and I assured him that everything is fine...

While we were in the cab we had a usual conversation in between long silences...

When we finally reached Marine drive and walked to the breezy Nariman point it started drizzling...
For sometime i thought that I was alone there and walked towards the edge...
And as the waves lashed against the boulders i thought about how these few months have changed the course of my life...
"Here take this umbrella and open it quickly otherwise you'll catch a cold" he said and held it towards me...
And on the breezy rainy day as i was trying to open my umbrella it almost flew off and i was about to fall off on the boulders down below but somehow i dint..(thank god!!)
"It will be a hilarious scene for the people around us to see that a girl flew off while opening the umbrella.." I said...
"Yaa i actually thought you're going to fly off...Leave it don't open it.." he said laughing...
I managed to fold the umbrella and saw that he was having a hard time folding his ugly big black umbrella because it kept flying off so i helped him fold his umbrella and gave them both to him..
I stayed an hour or two there lost in the awe of that place...
The sky was filled with a tinge of orange sunlight which had just set mixed with a soothing darkness...
It was a scene which could infuse romance even in a heart of stone..!
And i stood on the end of the promenade wondering how very amazing this day would have been with someone else for company..!!
Anyway I saw the couples nearby in a total mood for PDA and I wondered what a right moment for PDA it was..!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Monday blues..!

Just As long as we are together

Aaj fir ek cigarette...