Tales of an idle mind..In Mumbai..!


I am in Mumbai yet again and I'm spending some jobless and useless moments here..So I'm spending my time watching people around me,and walking to Marine drive(though its quite far from the apartment..)
Here are some of my observations..(as I have nothing better to write!)

Yesterday I saw a really cute middle aged couple  in the cab before us,the husband and wife looked quite untouched by the rain and traffic outside...He settled her gajra and she laughed and put her head on his shoulders lovingly...
For the few minutes that I saw them,they seemed quite in love and quite unconcerned of the world outside...
I am not much of a 'gawk at people' type person but there was seriously something magical and innocent about them which was rare in other cases...
As the cab moved past us, i wondered was it just the rain or love is in the air of Mumbai...

I saw many more of such couples at Marine drive yesterday and today but they were not as interesting to watch as the ones I saw in the cab...

As I walked by the breezy Marine drive with the gateway of India on one side and the Taj Hotel across the road I saw a mother balancing her two kids with both her hands and a blackberry held in between her fingers..!
Both her kids were trying to run in different directions and fighting with each other every now and then...And I remembered the time ju and I fought like that and mummy had to manage the both of us in that way(we were even worse..!!)...
I couldn't help but stop reading for sometime and smile, it was not a sympathetic smile but a kiddish one, before i could start reading again....
I saw a father with his 4 or 5 year old son maybe they were returning home and stopped by and while he stared into space perhaps remembering the lost battles of the day his son kept on asking him again and again as to why he can't sit on one of the boulders near the sea....
And i wondered why can't I sit on one of them too..?

Some college students were sitting on the promenade and maybe they were rating the girls who went by..!! And i thought of the idiotic guys(that we all want to slap!) in Calcutta who sit in the South city food court doing the same!!
A girl gang walked by gossiping about "things" and I wished we had a Marine drive in Calcutta so that we could do our daily adda there...
I missed Riko,Archie,Meggy,meow and thought we should be including Mumbai in our trip wishlist..!
Many other couples walked by holding hands...Maybe you can't help but be in love in this city and with this city....!!


I saw another couple who were fighting there,the guy was wearing aviators in the evening(and I realised maybe there's plenty of sunshine for these guys...) I couldn't stop my hawww's and woooohooo's when that girl slapped her bf or whoever he was (but that was one smack..).!!!
Anyway i realised it was time to start walking again when i realised that I might be next(to be slapped!) because I was giggling too loudly(as usual..)


So after a lot of walking I bought some books(after a lot of bargaining) to read during the day and while buying them suddenly I felt a hand pulling me aside and before I could slap or scold the guy who did it he pointed at a crawly snake like reptile on the ground with a long orange tail which could have just bitten or climbed on my shoe if i came on its way..And the scolding I would have given to him changed to utter gratefulness(Anyone who saves me from crawlies is a friend..!)

So after I escaped from that orange tailed crawlie who was darting towards me...
Later that day I walked past the shops of Colaba where I mistakenly picked up somebody else's packet instead of my own and had to run to return it before they thought I'm a shoplifter..!


Anyway my day of contemplation ended by taking a cab back home...Not "home",HOME though because that will always be in Calcutta but home in a city which i am just beginning to fall in love with...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Monday blues..!

Just As long as we are together

Aaj fir ek cigarette...