Raincoat..

Nowadays i usually take my armchair out on the terrace, my dogs nandini and bittu follow me despite their lazy schedule..They nibble the scattered leaves and run around,giving me comical looks from time to time...
I was sitting in my armchair at the terrace today when it started raining... Nandini and bittu ran inside expecting me to follow them this time, but i dint..

I remember when i was in kindergarten i had seen that movie Chaalbaaz in which Sri devi had this dance wearing a transparent raincoat and from that day i desperately wanted a raincoat like that....!!
When rainy season came i had made up my mind to wear a raincoat to school...
So my mom got me this pink raincoat and i told her to write my name on its collar in block letters lest someone takes it from me...!
I wanted to wear it to school everyday(irrespective of the fact whether it rained or not..!!)...
When it rained in the evenings i would quickly wear my raincoat and run outside in the rain and when asked i would say "aree its raining so we just can't sit inside doing nothing..!"
 I was so fond of this raincoat that even after rainy season got over, i wouldn't agree to part with it..


Then the next year during rainy season most of the time i forgot to carry my rain coat and had to share the much hated umbrella with mum...
So everyday before leaving for school i made it a point to check the weather forecast in the newspaper(which obviously my grandpa read out to me,like a routine..!) so that i can carry my raincoat accordingly..!
But one rainy day that year i remember giving away my raincoat to a Kindergarten kid...
Her uniform was torn and she was shivering in a corner,her ballerina shoes were oversized in which she hobbled to avoid puddles...
She was a student of the D section,  unaware of the harsh realities of life , i wondered why her frock was torn and thought maybe she hadn't noticed it , i even gave her my free gyaan that she shouldn't have come to school if she had fever..!
Now this D section in our school was a special section where students who came from the nearby slums were given free education..
She dint want to take my raincoat at first but the stubborn child that i was(and still am) i forced her to wear it...
The ends of her torn frock hid behind my pink raincoat and she went home happily...
And so did I...

Comments

  1. Guess you will remember that day forever. And so will the girl who got your raincoat :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, its like one of those memories which i would always want to hold on to..

      Delete
  2. Good for you! You did a very nice thing. =)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Dont forget to share your views on my scribblings...
P.s. Too much of appreciation is injurious to scribbler's health..!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Monday blues..!

Just As long as we are together

Aaj fir ek cigarette...