Sometimes some people come into your life as strangers and become something very important in your life sooner than you expect and touch your life in their own way..Such relations have no name but they can be defined by one perfect word "friendship"...
I recently came across one such person in life, meera dida or rather misti dida...She was in the ward next to dadi in the hospital ..
The first day I saw her she was staring at the door of the ward as if she was expecting someone..The pain and emptiness in her eyes was so unfathomable that i couldn't help but wonder what she was waiting for..And somehow everyday i would stand near her ward and try to understand the immense pain in those eyes and i realized that not one day had i seen someone who came to visit her in the hospital..
i dont know how we became such good friends in such a short time..I call her meera dida, dida means grandma in bengali..
One day she told me about how she loved talking and listening to songs but because of her sickness she couldn't..The next day i downloaded some of her favorite songs through my cell phone and made her listen to all of them and she was so happy....From then on everyday she would ask me to play some songs for her..My sister also became really close to her and when i couldn't meet her for some days my sister used to go and see her,she even gave us pet names mishti and sweety!!
When my exams were finally over and I went to meet her she told me that ju had told her that i can sing very well(!!!!) and inspite of telling her that I sing horribly and don't even dare to sing in the bathroom she was forcing me to sing and what an embarrassing moment that was!!But i somehow changed the topic..
I was later told by her nurse that when i couldn't come for one or two days because of my exams she had broken down in front of her brother when he came in the evening..
I felt so bad that day I hated myself for not meeting her..
Sometimes I used to think as to how unconcerned her family members are that they rarely came to meet her...She missed them so much,she used to tell me so much about her family even though they hardly came to see her..
 There were times when I really felt like shouting at her family for this reason as it was really sick of them to neglect her like this but then I realized that I had no right to say anything to them..
Unfortunately there are so many people like them who admit their old parents to hospitals and don't even care to visit them once or put them in old age homes and never visit them..
There are thousands of old age homes in India and it pains me to even think how these people lead their lives..Don't they feel cheated by their own children,that even by sacrificing their lives in order to bring up their children all they get in return is to be put in these old age homes during the toughest phase of their lives when they need most love and care from them..I don't think such heartless and disgusting people even deserve to live..
After my exams were over I went to meet her and she told me the next day she was going to be discharged and asked me if I could come early to meet her the next day..I was so happy for her that she would soon be with her family atleast now but somewhere deep down I wanted her to stay for some more time,there was still so much to talk about and so much to listen..That day while walking home I had tears welling up inside my eyes but I somehow stopped myself from crying and realized yet again that this is LIFE and things will never play according to your wish..I also realized that somewhere deep down I'm still the little mischievous kid who used to cry for small reasons,who always fought for silly reasons and who always believed that god can never let anything bad happen to us..!It's just that really few people can bring forth that person..
The next day I dint want to go to the hospital,I knew I had to but somehow I just dint want to because I find it extremely hard to let go of such people in my life..But anyway I went,gave her my number and told her to call me whenever she feels like and to always be happy and told her to remember me..But I couldn't say anymore and she told me that it's unbelievable how soon we became friends and came so close to each other when people take so many years to form bonds..
I can never forget her in life and I hope wherever she is, may she always be in the best of health and have all the happiness in the world.
Sometimes some people come into our life for a certain purpose they affect your life in their own profound way and bring you closer to yourself and what you want to become....
Today I am just going to thank the few such people in my life who have filled my life with some of the most precious and beautiful moments..I am indeed very thankful to them..

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Monday blues..!

Just As long as we are together

Aaj fir ek cigarette...