Helpless eyes

On this particularly insignificant rainy afternoon I was talking to this friend about eyes when he remarked that my eyes speak of helplessness. 

I didn't take the discussion further as my head kept spinning with the sudden weight of the word "helplessness". 

I hate that word, just hate it. 
But I see it too, eyes that are helpless without any hope of light.

Did he just see the darkness in those eyes?


Eyes  like the little child who saw too much too soon. 


They speak stories of troubled nights and Valium..


Of eyes that remained strong, amidst tirade of abuses hurled at her.


Eyes that know not how to hide the weight of all the pain that did not melt into tears.


Soulful eyes that speak a language not everyone can understand..



This particular line from the song written as a tribute to Vincent Van Gogh, 
With eyes that watch the world and can't forget. Like the strangers that you've met...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Just As long as we are together

Monday blues..!

Aaj fir ek cigarette...