There's no one like you...

I had rashes all over my face a few months back because of some dust allergy,and everyone in my college including people i was not acquainted to, people i didn't speak to came to ask me with shocked looks of distress
"What happened to your face?" (as if i had done some plastic surgery and turned into Lord Voldemort!!)
Anyway I told them about my allergy with a smile...
Throughout the day numerous people asked me about my face, even when i went to the loo, I told them what happened, answering their numerous questions about what type of cream i was using to "how can i come to college like this" with a disgusted face...(consoling myself that it does not matter.)
After classes got over i went to fill my (now distressed) self with some food, at the roadside stalls that we have opposite our college (where they serve quite decent food within an affordable price for people like us!) their again another group of people some of who already knew why i had turned into Lord Voldemort asked me "What happened to my face" i answered them again with a smile(this time a little upset)...
Anyway after satisfying myself by eating more than usual i went back to attend my classes where another girl not in our department asked me the same question
"Ki hoyeche mukhe(what happened to your face!) in Bengali to which i replied
"spider kissed me yaar"
she said "hyyyaaaaaan" with a shocked look on her face i kept on walking till i reached my class where just when i opened the door two pea-brained beauties of our college walked towards me,one of them said in a loud and dramatic voice
"omg! ,omg,what happened to your face"
"Dustilopicamenthal, its a skin disease its really infectious."
"Oh! shit can it spread through air?" they asked
"I really don't know, but you should be careful" I chuckled.

The reason why i wrote this stupid post about my skin woes is that its really disgusting how people like to make a person feel bad about oneself by asking them again and again about something they might not feel comfortable talking about...

We like beautiful people.. We think looks are directly proportional to a good nature. 
But trust me its barely true...
And since time immemorial the concept of looking for a suitable match for your son/daughter starts by the criteria of "a fair bride(or groom) " you can read the advertisements in any matrimonial column if you don't believe me!
 Why is it that looks are a parameter for judging a person. It is what people notice in us and not the kind of person we are, or why we are like this...
The world has always been like this you might say but there are some remarkable exceptions (Because its here that some people performed sati and here that Raja Ram Mohan Roy was born...).

And I don't think being beautiful has anything to do with outward beauty, how you look,or how fair,or thin,or fat you are... Being beautiful is about feeling beautiful, its about being happy in whatever you are and not comparing yourself with any x,y ,z in this world because there's no one like you and you should never try to be like anybody else...
Anyway i scared the hell out of those pea-brained girls so much so that they have started avoiding being in close proximity with me at college.
The rashes have gone now and so have the marks but the scars of mortification that this society gave me though for a short period of time still remain...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Monday blues..!

Just As long as we are together

Aaj fir ek cigarette...