Can you quit..?

"Just tell me what happened will you?" Jia asked..
"You know na we've been fighting a lot lately about his smoking habit.." Meghna said distressed..
"Look Meghna its hard to quit smoking at once when you're so addicted..You have to work this out with him,just reason it out with him..I am sure he'll quit eventually.." Jia said looking at her watch,10 minutes were left and the OR would be ready..
"Its not that J its..its just that...." and Meghna broke down on the floor crying..
" Is everything alright Meghna ? Don't cry.. come on now tell me...Heyyy..! come on now, you can tell me,whats wrong?." Jia said quite shocked by the sudden outburst of her friend..
"Today we were fighting about something again and..and.."Meghna said sobbing..
"And what Meghna come on..tell me.." Jia said concerned...
And i screamed at him about his smoking habit and he shouted at me back..and..and he coughed out blood..It was blood..I don't know what this means..But...but..th..this..this can't be happening to me Jia..I mean this can't be the end of us..I know i have always fought with him about everything but..but...."Meghna breaks down again not knowing what to say next but somehow she knows she is understood by her oldest and trustworthy friend..
"Meghna look..look....you just bring him here and we'll carry out some tests on him..Let me see what i can do..I'll make sure i put the best hands on this one..You..you just keep your cool everyday okay..So he's coming tomorrow for the tests right?? "Jia said..

*I hope its not lung cancer..I just hope its not..not Dinesh..Please god not him..* 
J thought to herself..

Everyday she met people with the same symptoms,people who smoke..People with families and friends who fought with them just to make them quit..And people who dint give up smoking because they felt it was the way out...
People with lung cancer or chronic bronchitis or Emphysema..
And people who couldn't quit...

"I..I haven't discussed this with him..He thinks its nothing..he just..just said that it happens everytime and i just..just don't know how to deal with this..
I just dint know what to do..I..j..i don't know..he'll be okay right..?I just broke down crying in front of him and he...and he dint know what to do,he just thought I'm over-reacting and held me in his arms and i hated it..I hated it J....because this...this is not me right....she said sobbing...  I don't cry..i am not a crier right.I know what to say...I...I am a lawyer..i..i fight..i prove people wrong..I..I..i don't know what to do.."

" Don't break down like this 
Meghna.You have to be strong, just bring him here today.. Meghna you get that..just bring him here now..go back..go to his office and..And bring him here...We'll do the tests and..and I'll see what i can do.. "
Jia said thinking about Meghna and Dinesh and how they've fought their way through their marriage and how strongly they felt for each other...
She did this almost everyday and was experienced enough to understand what this symptom meant but somehow she hoped against hope that this smoker be spared....

Comments

  1. da content is waesome! bt i think you should have given better names,for a better flow

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know how i am habituated to keep nicknames for people(even characters!) and that is manifested in all the stuff i write!!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks riko!!:))
      Yea i've made some changes to it now!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Dont forget to share your views on my scribblings...
P.s. Too much of appreciation is injurious to scribbler's health..!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Monday blues..!

Just As long as we are together

Aaj fir ek cigarette...