No more judgmental..!

I don't like it when people judge their friends by the number of past relationships they've had or the mistakes they've made in it...
Coming from a girls school I have often heard and been a part of such conversations were we used to bitch about how some X always comes up with a new boyfriend every month or some Y is in a relationship with an ugly or bad natured person or that some Z has done it all with her bf..
I know these are typical school girl conversations but it was seriously fun having them with friends...But sometimes it's because of these conversations that we fail to understand a beautiful part of relationships and friendship..
How many times have you judged a friend when she/he told you about how he/she dumped someone or got into a relationship soon after breaking up or about how he/she loves someone desperately and does all that he/she can not caring whether its right or wrong to get that person??
 I have judged friends often for these reasons but it's now that I've realized that relationships and how someone manages it and what they do in it,is seriously not our concern and as a friend we shouldn't judge our friends for what they do in a relationship or the decisions they take in them...

I don't know if I should be writing this but I have a really close friend who has dated many guys in her life(not even one was worth her..!)...And she's really open and cool about it and I really love her for that....
Though there have been times when I've judged her but with time I've realized that ultimately it's all about being happy and its her life and she has to justify it on her own terms..
And there's absolutely nothing wrong in looking for love till you find the perfect one.. And we are not living her life or having her issues so as friends it will be really mean on our part to judge her...
So with this coming year of becoming an adult I thought of sharing my new lesson with you...

Comments

  1. Agreed! It's too bad that so few of us feel the same way, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's hard 2b in some1 else's shoes 2 imagine dr thots,choices and feelings..
    I knw cz just went through a divorce a yr bck and sum ppl who dont evn knw u judge u 2 t point dt u hv 2 close ur ears and shut urself out completely..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am extremely sorry to have reminded you of all that...
      I realize that it feels really demeaning to be judged but I don't think shutting yourself out from the world is any solution to it...I mean if somebody doesn't know you and has no idea of what YOU are going through then that person or for that matter any other person in this world irrespective of who it is,has no right to judge you...
      And if he/she judges you or tries to demean you in someway you shouldn't give a damn about it because after all it's your life and you are the one living it...:)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Dont forget to share your views on my scribblings...
P.s. Too much of appreciation is injurious to scribbler's health..!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Monday blues..!

Just As long as we are together

Aaj fir ek cigarette...