Sandy feet,folded jeans,another entrance exam and....Turning 18...!!

I got up in the morning,yes yet again I slept off on my birthday with my phone silent(I think old habits die hard..!)...And I had to answer so many threat messages in the morning from my friends,and to top that up my phone line got jammed at night which is why some friends found my phone busy,I was totally busted...!!
Anyway what is actually new and special about my18th birthday (except the fact that I'm no longer 17..!!!) is that I got up at 6.30am today(for a late riser like me,that's like totally an achievement..!!)..
Today after waking up and as usual looking at the time in my phone I nearly screamed at the number of missed calls and messages then I called mom just to tell her about 'me' waking up at 6.30 and to ask her whether everything back there is fine (obviously with 57 missed calls and god knows how many messages what else do people do..!!) and before I could say anything mum wished me happy birthday and I just sleepily said "eh birthday ohh birthday yeaa yeaa !!"...And then I  read all the messages one by one and replied to them and thought well life isn't that hard when you've got friends.
But just before I could hold on to that amazing little thought my mind went on to the fact that I had an exam at 11am and i had to brush up the formulas and my teeth..So I fast forwarded things like quickly picking out a random tee shirt from my ultra cluttered  bag and put my stuff like my admit card and pencil box and my purse etc in my blue Valentino handbag(which I had brought for absolutely emergency situations, like this one!!),And then obviously had tea with my dad and read the newspaper and solved half of the crossword puzzle..
And amidst all this got ready for my not too awaited exam..!
After reaching the exam center I felt(err..!!) nervous not because I was tensed for the exam but because people there looked as if they were 10 or 15 years older than me..
Anyway after the exam ended I breathed a sign of relief because it was over but I have no bloody chance of clearing that exam and most of the people appeared to sulk about the exam which according to them was the toughest they've faced,but anyway the fact is even if they find it tough they'll obviously be considered a domicile of Maharashtra which I'm not so my chances are really less...As I left the exam centre that day for our Colaba flat I thought about the number of students like me who aim for medical every year,some fulfill their dreams and become doctors while some just don't make it and have to pursue a different course and become what they are destined to be,what if I turn out to be one of them,what if I don't get through,what if my dreams too remain unfulfilled...I dint know these answers and maybe I just dint want to find these answers...
As we reached Colaba I felt like I just wanted to be invisible for the day,atleast till I get rid of these thoughts,all the way back I hadn't heard anything my dad said...And after coming back I tried to get back to my book Women of the Tagore Household but I just couldn't gather my thoughts...So I just went to sleep and that truly helped...!
After I woke up at 4 dad told me to get dressed because we'd be going out so I picked up another random tee from my bag(the worst one I had..!!) and first we went to the beach and as I stood there with my jeans folded and my sandals in one hand I realized that this day today couldn't have been better,I felt as if the sea took back all my worries and insecurities and as i watched them drift away on the tides and what came back was just newness...But Before I could be more lost in these thoughts and go any further, dad stopped me saying "jijo mumum(yes he calls me that!!) just come back we'll be going to Trident now, so we'll be late...!!"
And I was like "what Trident?!! I am not going and I'm too old for birthday parties and with all this sand in my foot I don't think they'll allow me inside.."
And later that moment I found myself in the car right outside Trident...
huh!!These dad's how they convince you, and I saw the Mumbai Indians bus leaving while we were about to enter and I told my dad again "babi(i call him that!!) look at me in mean I look like an asylum case plus i have so much sand on my feet and my jeans are folded,they won't let me enter.."
But my dad turned out to be right they really dint care, and I entered...
After entering I saw my favorite uncle C who I call by his name because he's too cool to be called uncle and  Katherine and some more friends who thought my new 'fisherman look' wasn't that bad(I know they were lying!!)...


So after all the drama of wishing me and even singing for me(and I was so embarrassed..!) i finally cut the cake(the only reason i went there was to have cake..!) ,we went out to an amazing Chinese restaurant to have dinner...!!And as usual uncle C and my dad teased me about getting me married to some 44 year old, this little piece of irritant family rumor was made and circulated by my darling sister who says,I won't get anyone who'll match my IQ and intelligence so they should try looking for someone right now..!!!,Now that's obviously a joke but I get immensely irritated by it and they know that..!! And the more I told them I'm not getting married ever the more they continued...
After dinner dad and I walked back home... And while we were walking I thought about how different this birthday was, not that I was ever keen on celebrating my birthday but today I felt different I felt happy,I would have obviously enjoyed more had my mum and sister been here but still in a really simple way, I was HAPPY..!!!

Comments

  1. Belated birthday wishes, girl! It's a pity you had an exam on your birthday. But on days like this, we find how loved we are! Nice to see you enjoyed the evening and ended the day happy :)

    Have a great year ahead :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heyy Thank you so much..!! :))
      Yea seriously on days like this we feel loved and spoilt..!But its good to be spoiled sometimes though..!!:)

      Delete
  2. Many many happy retrnz of the day ..Blu valentino sounds exquisite i hav it in red!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Dont forget to share your views on my scribblings...
P.s. Too much of appreciation is injurious to scribbler's health..!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Monday blues..!

Just As long as we are together

Aaj fir ek cigarette...