I dreamt of you last night.

I had this dream about waking up in your arms. 
You were holding on to me not too tightly yet snugly in a way I've always wanted to be held. I could hear your heartbeat in sync with mine.
The warmth of your breath on my skin, unruffled and calm as the wind near the sea shore on a starlit night, makes me hold my breath even in the dream.
 Your face looks peaceful and vulnerable, it makes me believe that this world is still beautiful. It makes me think about all the fairy tale love stories that I had sceptically read and review the concept of happy endings that I have always treated with so much contempt, they may not be all that fictional.! 
But just for that moment of watching you sleep, I would want to let go of all the happy endings and forever afters that this life could offer.
I close my eyes to absorb all this and to take a deep breath.
The dream ends...

I wake up with the not-so-sweet taste of reality but with a familiar warmth in my bones, maybe its the sunlight. I lose track of how long I sit on my bed legs curled up recollecting fragments of my broken dream.
 My gaze shifts to the shadows that the sunlight makes on the white marble window ledge in my room and I remember reading a book by the window last night, its still kept there undisturbed..
Someone calls out my name from the next room and breaks the flow of thoughts.
Till next time the reflections whisper.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Monday blues..!

Just As long as we are together

Aaj fir ek cigarette...