Laughter Management anyone?!

Its been quite sometime that i landed in Mumbai...
Well!! it's been 3yrs that I last came here and though I have this love-hate kinda relationship with Mumbai,I am kinda excited because this time I'm here to give an exam on my birthday which doesn't mean anything but still,theres no harm in being excited right?!!!!!As the wheels of the aircraft touched the runway and I closed my book 'Women of the Tagore household' by Chitra Deb, i realized that the guy sitting next to us(who was quite perturbed with the landing..!) was praying and i think he kicked the seat in front quite a few times unknowingly(in fear basically..!)!for which the aunty in front scolded him...!


 I looked at my dad and we both smiled and somehow after turning red with giggles and scaring the people staring at me who sure thought that i've escaped from some asylum I controlled myself and thought "I seriously need some laughter management therapy..!"...

I remember the first time i crossed the Bandra-Worli sea face bridge the first thing that occurred to me was "Howrah bridge is wayyy better than that !!!!"...
My habit of comparing Mumbai with Kolkata started 3yrs back..I remember the last time i was here just before my class X boards and we had this silly chapter about commercialization in geography where we had to mug up the difference between Mumbai port and Kolkata port and basically the difference was about how inferior Kolkata port is and how extremely well maintained Mumbai port is..And i really hated reading that part(Basically i hated the whole geography book,but i detested that part..!),sometimes i felt like going to the Hugli river and cleaning up the siltation in the beds which was making it inferior to Mumbai port (i was such a kid!!!)..!!!!! But that difference really stayed in my mind and whenever i come to Mumbai i compare it in different ways with Calcutta(and smile to myself as to how superior Calcutta is)...!!
Everyone in my family really look forward to coming here specially my mum who has spent a part of her childhood here but i'm the only one who's not too fond of coming here(no offense..!!!)
More so because i somehow feel lost in a fast moving city like this and i'm sure if i'd be on my own here i would have sure lost my way(there,now thats another comparison..!!)...!
So here's all that there's for now,i'm now in my Mumbai daydreaming and studying for yet another exam (hope i don't screw this one as well..!)...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Monday blues..!

Just As long as we are together

Aaj fir ek cigarette...