Fracture Day!

About two or three days before my iit exam I fell down from the stairs..Yes yet again I fell and this time I fractured my left ankle..!!
Actually I was walking down the stairs singing Bhojpuri songs and irritating my mom when suddenly I missed a step and fell....!!! When i looked down on my ankle i saw it became swollen and red, it looked nothing less than an inflated red football..!!..(aur gao bhojpuri gaane..!!)...
Before i could call out to mumma i felt really amused at this situation and started laughing(what did you expect..!!)..
But mumma heard the noise and came running to rescue me before i fell laughing(total filmy style..!)..Till then everything was fine but just when she saw my ankle she raised a hue and cry about it and started her worrying session as to whether it is a fracture or I've broken a bone...
Inspite of telling her a million times that it's a fracture and reminding her that the last time i had a fracture it looked the same,
She kept on worrying and running around the room putting ice on my football shaped ankle..She said that she was surprised as to how I can be so cool about this...
And then after speaking to our family doc she took me to get an XRay done..I had to limp my way out because my foot was paining like anything..Then after reaching the hospital the stupid people in that hospital gave me a wheel chair and I got so angry that I shouted "I have not broken my ankle it's just a fracture,I can walk.." (but I actually couldn't even put that foot on the ground and was limping like a roadside doggy..!!!!)..Anyway I got my XRay done after a lot of twisting and turning of my ankle to get a so called better view of my foot which got transformed to a football..!!
And then we went to our family doctor(who's also my mausaji..!!) with the Xray plate and that nirdayi man started laughing and said "Again you fractured your foot,by now you must have been habituated by wearing the crepe bandage.."
I mean WTF instead of sympathizing with my situation he started laughing..!!
I looked at my masi for support because i knew i wasn't getting any from mum and the darling that my masi is she scolded my mausa saying "bechari she must be going through such a lot of pain how can you say such things.."..
And before I could give my winning smile my mum told her the reason why this happened about the Bhojpuri song episode and everyone started laughing..My cousin sisters nearly fell off the sofa and to add to my embarrassment my sister started telling aree don't you people remember when jijo (that's my pet name!!) was small she used dance chayya chayya with masi's dopatta...!!!!
While sipping through the cold ice tea with ice floating in it i wished i could be transformed into one of them for sometime and float my way out of that embarrassing situation..!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Monday blues..!

Just As long as we are together

Aaj fir ek cigarette...