They give me butterflies..

I used to be a bit scared of butterflies.
There i said it.
This is one of the most embarrassing facts of my life... I can actually be blackmailed with this.!
 I know butterflies are usually referred to as fragile and beautiful (only the colored ones) creatures but i used to be hell scared of the big black colored butterflies which always darted towards me.
I am more or less over this "phobia" now but i still don't like to be in the same room with a butterfly!
I'm okay with spiders,lizards,cockroaches(not when they fly towards me),rats,snakes and all the pesky creatures people are usually scared of. But somehow i cant seem to make peace with the (err..) butterflies.
 In Bengali there's this joke that if a butterfly sits on you,you might get married soon.
I don't know how that is possible but whenever a butterfly landed on me, i went hyper and ran here and there and hid myself somewhere,my dadi and mummy joked that maybe it means I'll get married soon(now this scared me more than the butterfly and i shouted naaaaaaaahhhh!).

I was also scared of the dark as a child.. There's an old graveyard next to my house and my friends who lived nearby told me stupid stories about people seeing ghosts walking at night so it made my fear even worse... I used to avoid going to the terrace in the evening and was apprehensive about switching off the lights at night...

Then one day my dad came to know about this and he took me to the darkest corner of our terrace and left me there saying "i should stand here till I'm called inside".
 I was terribly scared of the dark and kept looking on the side of the graveyard which looked dark and creepy in the moonlight which scared me all the more.
I felt really angry on my dad and even wanted to cry at his heartlessness but all this seemed more like a challenge now...
So I stood there in the dark September night looking up at the stars and somehow i started thinking of Zoro(I was too much in love with the "Legend of Zoro" series.) and that maybe if something happens he might come to get me...
Anyway Zoro saved the day that night, i won that challenge and also the sympathy of my mother.
I did overcome my fear of darkness, and being alone when there's a power cut doesn't bother me that much..



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Monday blues..!

Just As long as we are together

Aaj fir ek cigarette...