Bloody neighbours.!!

There was a slum at the back of my house where the adi Ganga flows, the people living there were more or less harmless,though their children used to sneak in sometimes to steal bael (stone apple) and other fruits from my garden,but overall they were quite harmless...
Now for the construction of the metro track these people where asked to vacate that area and allocated some other area...
 For about two years that area had remained empty and the bank of the Adi Ganga looked really beautiful from our window, till one evening we heard some strange noises and then we noticed some men with bamboo sticks making tent like structures and overnight they made tent like houses..By the next few days we found people carrying rolls of bedding and other possessions with them like pots,cooking supplies and including a child or two clinging on to them..Then after a month they installed dish TV in their homes...!
Anyway these people are now happily residing behind our house and have made their washroom with the support of our boundary wall...(much to the horror and disgust of my mother)
This was a cause of utter disgust to her she even sent our maid servant to speak to them about this but they were indifferent and said vulgar things to her as to how difficult it is to urinate without a support(in this case the other side of our poor boundary wall.) And other things which she told my mother but not me,and which my mother wouldn't share with me no matter how much I coerced 
Mummy was outraged, "we are Brahmin's she tried to shout just so that they hear,tried to because my mother has an extremely soft and sweet voice...

Mummy has a knack for gardening and has grown all kinds of flowers,vegetables and fruits in our garden...So one morning she went to our backyard to pick a few chillies from her garden and suddenly she screamed, I quickly looked down from our window to see her leave the garden restlessly with a disturbed look on her face. I went down quickly and asked her what's wrong and whether she had seen a snake or something?

"Go to the backyard and see for yourself" she said quickly drinking a glass of water...
I went to the garden to find many stained pieces of cloth scattered around the garden which the barbarous people used as sanitary napkins and garbage,like broken vessels,torn undergarments scattered in our garden...
I felt nauseated it was a horrible scene, I turned back to see mummy just when she barged in from the garden door..
"I can't take all this anymore...This is just not right on their part we're Hindu Brahmin's,how could they throw all this sanitary garbage here.", She said shouting so that they hear.
"Calm down they have done it deliberately,let's file a complaint in the thana as it is there should be a case of illegal acquisition of land on them as their land belongs to metro rail corporation."
"No we won't file a complaint or anything,the government and the local goons will support them or else why do you think they've suddenly settled in this place illegally...We'll write a letter to the our area's councillor and I'll send someone to speak to them again maybe.."
"But mummy we should complain against them,this must be stopped."
"Now you go upstairs and read your book,I'll call up your father and speak to him about this matter."





The next day we sent a local guy who was our maidservant's nephew to speak to those savage people and according to him they apologized and agreed not to climb on our boundary wall and throw garbage on our side..

We were relieved and did not write a letter to our councillor as my parents are always too worried these people might cause some harm to us.

Anyway that evening a childhood friend came to meet me, after catching up on what's going on in each others lives about how we've been caught up in our lives,we discussed the same old childhood stories, like how we used to steal mangoes and other fruits from my garden and get a scolding from my dadi(grandmother)..

"Its been a long time I've seen that back garden in this house, I have so many funny memories of it,take me there after you finish having your tea." She ordered..
"Sure let's go now we can sit there only...I'll carry two chairs...Though there will be mosquitoes I'm warning you before only don't tell me later that this was my plan to give you away to the mosquitoes..!! 
"There's no doubt about this only,you toh give training to your mosquitoes" , She giggled and we walked towards our garden, I opened the iron gate and then the wooden gate which had got a little jammed because of the rain.
We went inside and she started walking towards the stone apple tree and the jack fruit tree whose fruits we stole because we hated it and suddenly while I was talking to someone in my phone she screamed with fear "shit shit ohhhhh myyy god,what is all this?" 

I ran in her direction to see they had again thrown their dirty sanitary wastes,blood smeared cloths in our garden.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Monday blues..!

Just As long as we are together

Aaj fir ek cigarette...