Dugga dugga

One of the many things that I miss the most about not having Dadi around is, whenever we left for school,my father to his office in the morning. I used to say "Dadi jachi" (Dadi I am going) to which she would scold me lovingly and say "jachi bolte hoyna bolo ami ashchi"(You shouldn't say you are going, say I am going, to come back) and then she used to fold her hands and say " Dugga Dugga ".
 I would always purposely make this mistake of saying "ami jachi" almost every day so that she would correct me affectionately. I would ask her to say "Dugga dugga" again and again for extra protection and sometimes I would imitate her saying Dugga Dugga myself.
But whenever she said that I would feel safe inside, such that all the obstacles and problems on the way are cleared. 
Now nobody says Dugga Dugga when I leave home but when I look at her picture smiling at me before I leave, I can feel it somewhere inside me a faint but vivid sound, 
"Dugga dugga" .

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Monday blues..!

Just As long as we are together

Aaj fir ek cigarette...