Butterflies in my stomach!

What is it about unattainable men that attracts us to them?
Why do women almost always fall for men who they can't have?
That unkept beard, that careless smile and eyes like the lake shinning in the moonlight! Huhh! That's my kind of 'Mr Impossible' but I am sure most women will have their own 'Mr Impossible' in mind!(There isn't any dearth of careless cute guys oblivious to the trouble they cause to our poor hearts!) 
Anyone at any stage of their lives can have a crush! As I always tell my friends its never too late to have a little bit of flutter in your stomach. Maybe it will make you love and pay attention to yourself a little more. 
Has someone ever made you so nervous that you eat your words and forget to eat the food in front of you? 
When your crushing on someone you remember their each and every word and gesture. 
Every time your eyes meet your heart skips a beat. And you wonder if they're feeling the same.   You stalk them on all possible social networking sites and be extra nice to those common friends who introduced you to them in the first place. If you're still not introduced you look for chances to get to know them.  
No matter how confident you are in life you act like a fool in front of them and then regret saying and behaving stupidly! And god save you if you're in the same college as your crush your friends will make sure they poke you saying "look he's coming" in front of him, and most of the times he notices! 

 I still remember the first time I met Mr Impossible. I was having an animated discussion with a friend at the JU staff canteen over a cup of tea, my friend introduced me to him. 
She told him that I am a student of Biotechnology and all of a sudden I he was asking me too many questions.!(As if I am sitting for some quiz contest!) 
It was quite weird because we had just met and he was quizzing me about, "Who is the father of Microbiology and immunology?"(I mean why!!) 
Anyway I dint like him at all that day and thought he was a know-it-all kind of a guy. Though everyone looked upto him and heard every word he said, I dint like his attitude.
But slowly after meeting Mr Impossible for the 3rd and 4th time, I noticed the way he looked at things is quite different from any other person. Yes, he is extremely intelligent and well versed but its his outlook and his quick-witted nature that attracted me to him. And also(ahem..!) the way he looked at me, his eyes have this unexplainable luminous glow. I don't know if anybody else saw what I saw, I wanted to talk to him but his personality and popularity stopped me and I could never know more about him. I wanted to know how those
eyes got their twinkle or why he was always so lost in his own world? What was his childhood like and why does he look at me as if he can read my mind?
This was the first time I ever had such a major crush on anyone. Whenever Mr Impossible looked at me my heart has skipped a beat and my mind just went haywire. And butterflies oh don't even talk about them, I think I had big birds fluttering in my stomach at that time.
But it turns out that Mr Impossible was truly impossible.
I was not willing to go try if he dint take any interest in talking to me,or so I figured out. And got over the Mr Impossible phase slowly. 


Crushes are an exciting phase of life but the fact is you should know where to stop.
As and when the liking changes into obsession you have to detach yourself from that unattainable person. Its no use chasing unicorns isn't it?! 
Its more beautiful to have someone who loves you and cares for you than chasing someone so distant.

Comments

Post a Comment

Dont forget to share your views on my scribblings...
P.s. Too much of appreciation is injurious to scribbler's health..!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Monday blues..!

Just As long as we are together

Aaj fir ek cigarette...