Why do we lose friends?

I have almost stopped blogging.  It’s not that I have nothing to say, just that so much of effort goes into mulling over the whole thing. Laziness gets the better of me.

For a very long time, one thought has been on my mind, but somehow I haven't yet put it into words.
Why do we lose friends?
I am a person who has a countable number of friends who I have loved dearly. 
Friends, friendship are familiar words but sometimes I wonder if people understand the weight of these words enough to live the meaning of those words. In this day and age posting pictures of your circle and tagging each other in memes is a sign of great friendship. But what about being there for each other? Trusting each other to important facts and events of your life? What happened to being witness to their low moments and holding them up when they need it?
In retrospect maybe friendship has a different meaning for different people. And maybe different people show their friendship in different ways. 
Yet it comes back to the word expectations.
Can there be any normal relationship without expectation?
Not for me perhaps. 
I have expected and been disappointed way too many times but still, fail to form an attachment without expectations.
It is difficult to lose friends nevertheless the ones you have invested a lifetime into.
It is like losing a part of you. A part that lived a lifetime with them.
And with social media which makes this process all the more difficult when you see important events of their life, you miss not being a part of their story. Their process of growing up and out of different phases of their life.
Yet maybe that is the truth of life. 
Who knows?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Just As long as we are together

Monday blues..!

Aaj fir ek cigarette...