The right side and the other side!

Sometimes the best way to move into the unknown is to take familiar steps, small steps....
But no matter how much you pretend that the way and the steps are familiar you know its the unknown,the unfamiliar, the unexplored that you're moving into and that freaks you out from within...
Most people lead lives that follow a pattern like getting out of school,then college and then finding yourself a job and landing up somewhere..being someone...And then there's your personal life in between to juggle..But why is there always a pattern..?
I mean I've seen people going back to study a completely different course after completing school and college and doing an internship like this US based uncle who completed med school to get into an architecture course..But most people regard these as stupid decisions they think these people are guided by emotion and not their better judgement...
Anything which is not in a pattern or which does not fit into our pattern is considered nonsensical..!

Maybe because we humans(Or the homo sapiens sapiens the most advanced of all the Hominid species) feel safe in a pattern... We need a pattern to lead our lives and to follow,we need a time table,we need to get out of college,get  a job and get old and die sulking thinking about how we could have done something else and been somewhere else but where we are is just the dirty hospital bed thinking of the things undone...
I know we'll all get there but I'd rather be there satisfied with being a loser at all the things I've tried rather than sulking at all that's left undone...


Risks (specially career related!) are mostly avoided by people because there'll be everyone snorting at you initially , if you succeed they'll be applauding you and if you don't you'll be spat on..
Recently someone i know told me how its "impossible" to be successful in the two opposite things that I'm doing together and that I'll never be able to do it because no one she knows has ever been able to do it..heartbroken i just managed to say "maybe I can't but atleast i'm trying.."..

I am a tough nut to crack in terms of quitting, i mean its really rare that I've found myself quitting in a certain situation, i always strive to see the end even if i am in the losing end...
Sometimes i feel like quitting all this and choosing an easy way...for now atleast(but i know I'll never be able to do it, because i've never liked things which were easy..)!
I remember when i had just joined school and my KG teacher asked us "which was the right hand,the one with which we write?"
i picked up the other hand,
"No no!which is the better hand,the hand you clean your teeth with?"
I picked up the other hand again..
"I write and brush with with my other hand ma'am" I said...
And though many years have passed since I wrote with my left hands(i was made to write with my right hand by my teacher after that because according to her writing with the left hand is not right!!!) given a choice I'd prefer the other side...!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Monday blues..!

Just As long as we are together

Aaj fir ek cigarette...