Autumn


I love the autumn season specially the thought that the leaves turn into a bright red color..I had come across an article recently that the best places to see autumn colors are New Zealand,England and Central Otago.I so wish I could spend every autumn of my life at such a place where fall leaves turn bright red....
I am not much of a romantic person but the thought of walking together through piles of crisp autumn leaves sounds so perfect....

I have always been immensely fascinated by the leaves of fall which change their color to red because of maturity...
We too have many such instances in life when we feel mature..Just like the first time we go out for a movie with friends or the first time we are given some responsibility or the moment when you know you could have said a lot of things in rage but you control yourself....Maturity shouldnot be mistaken with age..
Maturity is not the absence of childishness but it is the presence of knowledge,it is the ability to learn from your past mistakes and the ability to make sure they don't reoccur...Sometimes when i handle some tough situations in a proper way , deal with my mistakes by accepting them or control my anger when I need to, I realize that I have come a long way from being the confused and fidgety person that I used to be..And a year back I wouldn't even have thought of dealing with things in such a 'normal way'!!
I don't know what exactly being truly mature is but I there's a quote i like by Mitch Albom from the book Tuesdays with Morrie which i feel says a lot on it..
"So many people walk around with a meaningless life. They seem half-asleep, even when they're busy doing things they think are important. This is because they're chasing the wrong things. The way you get meaning into your life is to devote yourself to loving others, devote yourself to your community around you, and devote yourself to creating something that gives you purpose and meaning."
I cannot agree more with this quote..So for me true maturity means when I can get some meaning into my life and devote myself to something..

Comments

Post a Comment

Dont forget to share your views on my scribblings...
P.s. Too much of appreciation is injurious to scribbler's health..!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Monday blues..!

Just As long as we are together

Aaj fir ek cigarette...